We will be working a video of North Point and North Point friends and family singing Jesus Loves Me together. Participants are invited to sing the verse and chorus twice, and record using their smart phones. These will be compiled to create a fun group project reminding people how much Jesus loves them! Contact Joel Skellie at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
The Idea: to put together a video of as many people, whether or not they are members of North Point, singing Jesus Loves Me. Participants are to sing the verse and chorus through twice, using their iPhone or other smart phone to create their video personal. A single video will then be created out of all the submitted videos, featuring all participants, either individually and/or collectively.
How to participate: Thanks for letting me know of your interest in being involved. Please let me know if you need any help putting your video together. Again, my email address is email@example.com, and my phone/text # is (360) 434-4080
How to make your own video:
- You’ll find below the soundtrack featuring Beth Cockrell singing Jesus Loves Me. 2. Download this file and use it to make your recording 3. You will simply make the recording by singing along with Beth.
- It is best that you play the provided soundtrack on a different device than the one you’re recording your video on. (I.E., another phone, or a laptop/desktop computer)
- Also, if possible, while you record your voice(s) on your phone, listen to the soundtrack using just one ear bud of a set of ear buds,. That will help keep the soundtrack from being heard on your video recording
- It will be helpful for you to listen to the soundtrack a couple of times, and then rehearse a few times before recording your video
- Open the camera app of your iPhone/Smart phone 8. Either take a “selfie”, or choose a place to mount the camera while you record the video
- Be sure to position the phone in a “landscape” mode, rather than a “portrait” mode. I.E., it should be ‘sideways’ and not ‘up and down.’
- Be aware of what might be in the background of your shot: you might not want a pile of dirty laundry to feature in your video 🙂
- Do not worry about what your record before or after the song. I’ll edit your video to include just the song, nothing else, honest!
- Send your video back to Joel. He’ll put the whole thing together after everyone has submitted their videos. Most smartphones have a “send” feature for your video. Just use that, if possible. Either a text or email will work fine.
- The main thing is to have fun doing this. Be as creative as you wish. Remember, Jesus Loves You, no matter what, period!
Thanks for participating! Joel